Merchant Support Officer
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Merchant Support Officer is primarily responsible for delivering excellent Customer Support and service by anticipating customers’ needs and taking initiative to satisfy those needs, handling customer queries, complaints and billing inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism; resolving customer issues with one-call resolution where possible; fostering good customer relations, maintaining a positive image of the company while ensuring optimum customer satisfaction and business development.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Resolve customer service complaints and queries and provide appropriate feedback to the customer within the timeframe specified.
- Follow up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved, dispatch to other support staff (I.T., Sales, Accounts) for action; follow through to ensure resolution to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Escalate all issues outstanding for more than a day to department manager.
- Maintain the positive image of the company by exercising best practices in handling inbound and outbound customer related issues.
- Complete call log and prepare weekly and monthly reports as specified by the management.
- Place outbound calls as advised by department manager, to obtain customer feedback, provide relevant information on new products and services offered by the company.
- Assist with the accounts receivables portfolio by analysing customer accounts, calling merchants to secure payment of outstanding balances and updating accounts accordingly.
- Liaise with accounts receivables to ensure top-up of accounts once the relevant authorization is obtained.
- Assist with promotional activities as required.
- Adhere to all relevant policies and procedures of the company
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Associate in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent.
- Minimum of Five (5) CXC Subjects including English A and Mathematics.
- Minimum two (2) years working customer service experience.
- Customer Service expertise in the telecoms or banking industry would be an asset.
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Efficient problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate professionally and effectively written and verbally.
- Understanding of the E-card system would be an asset.