Applications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of IT Specialist (MIS/IT6) in the Financial Investigations Division of this Ministry.
To provide the technical expertise and leadership required in the identification, analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of integrated information systems and websites in accordance with the requirements of the Financial Investigations Division in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- To coordinate the activities of the team to ensure the timely and successful completion of financial profiles and to provide expert guidance on the use and manipulation of various databases and analytical software to obtain the desired information;
- To perform administrative duties for team members as required by the Civil Service Staff Orders or as per policy directives of the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service. To identify and assess the Information Systems needs of the FID;
- To coordinate the acquisition and delivery process for the implementation of appropriate information systems in satisfaction of the needs of the FID;
- To design and develop efficient and secure information systems/websites in support of the mandate of the division and to ensure that the required resources are accessible to all relevant clients;
- To coordinate Data Mining/Query services for the interrogation of internal and external data sources to facilitate the information needs of the FID;
- To implement structures and protocols to ensure the security and integrity of data.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc in Computer Science, Telecommunication Network or Electrical Engineering plus four (4) years’ experience in a related field;
- Diploma in Computer Studies from a recognised Tertiary Institution plus four (4) years related work experience.
Salary: $1,758,169 - $ 2, 0089,910 per annum
Travelling Allowance: $707,448 per annum
Interested persons should forward their applications and resume NO LATER THAN – Wednesday, July 19, 2017 to the: -
Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Finance & Planning
30 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted